Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pinteresting

I have found some really fun ideas on Pinterest. Here are a few that I've actually tried.

The ruffle lamp shade


Kyle was given an old ugly lamp that used to be in the clerk's office at our church. We dropped on our friends' doorstep. They gave it back to us for Christmas. It would have been fun to continue and find some clever way to return it to our friends. But I wanted a lamp on our piano anyway, so we kept it. I wish I had a before picture. It wasn't very attractive. I got the idea for the ruffle shade from a picture I saw on Pinterest. I think this is an improvement, although I'm not really sure how Kyle feels about it. His only comment about it has been, "I've never seen a lampshade like that before."


So the thing on the wall is supposed to be a "sunburst mirror". I saw a really awesome one on pinterest. I used a little oval mirror, put it in a frame that I painted black. The sunbursts or petals or whatever they are, are just black poster board. I am still not sure if I like this or not.
These topiaries look more frilly than I intended. But I still like them. I punched out a bunch of little flowers from some red paper and pinned them on a styrofoam ball with pearl tipped corsage pins.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love those! I love getting ideas from Pinterest. I have only tried a few little things so far (Audrey's hairstyle, the kids' Valentines, and cleaning ideas).
    But I have gotten lots of BIG ideas from pinterest. Now I just have to see if I can be as successful as you, I love how your stuff turned out!!!
    (I also laughed at Kyle's response to the lamp shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the stuff you've been making. I bet your house looks so awesome! I think my favorite is the topiaries. Those look really nice by your mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute Josie! Want to come and decorate my house next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the cards, glass etching, topiaries and lamp shade. I haven't been on in a while and it was fun to see the variety of new posts! love it! Laura

    ReplyDelete