Sunday, January 22, 2012

Baby stuff


The other day I was watching my friend's children. When it was time to feed the baby, I pulled out the baby food, spoon and bib from the diaper bag. I smiled when I saw the bib was the one I made for her when she was born. I decided to snap a picture of it while I had it. I remember it being more work than it should have been for a bib. But I like how it turned out. And the best part is knowing that they actually use it!

I used some old corduroy pants and pink ribbon, a button and some velcro and voila!






I bought a fabric jellyroll for this baby blanket. I loved the bright colors. I made this for the newest baby girl in the family. I had lots of trouble with the binding. And honestly, I kind of made it up as I went along. I need to read a tutorial or something. But in the meantime, I hope the bright colors of the fabric distract from the mess around the edges.

I made a little fabric flower clip (Audrey taught me) and clipped it onto the ribbon. This was a fun project!

3 comments:

  1. Jo, the blanket looks awesome! I bet little baby Audrey is going to love it! We should learn how to do bindings together, cause I kind of make it up as I go, too. And what a cute way to use an old pair of corduroy pants. Very creative. I like this blog and I'm excited to actually do something crafty so I can contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like how you wrapped the blanket. Fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, your stuff turned out amazing! I haven't really sewn much since college and I am kind of in awe of how good you and Audrey have become. It always is so much more meaningful to get a baby present that has been made. I LOVE and use the presents that you guys made for me.

    ReplyDelete