Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jenna's Afghan

 I made Cara an afghan last year and have just started one for Jenna. I let Jenna choose what she wanted. Not surprisingly, she wanted flowers and bright colors.
I followed the pattern, but didn't like how big the first flower turned out.
The colors Jenna chose for her flowers and background. Choosing the yarn is my favorite part of any project.

I made up my own flower pattern. I like that it's a little bit lacy and looks more like a pansy. 2 blocks out of 54 done. (I tend to work on afghans on and off, so this may take me a year to finish).

3 comments:

  1. What a fun project. I agree that picking stuff out for a project is the most fun. And I'm very impressed that you are able to make up your own flower pattern, pretty cool that you're good enough to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a beautiful afghan! It is something your girls will probably always have and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Laura! I saw the afghan that you made for Mike & Jen for Christmas and it was so pretty, I can't wait to see the Jenna's afghan when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete